Re: Experimental countrychooser branch

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> Quoting Herbert Xu (herbert@gondor.apana.org.au):
>
>> I do not see how you can justify it by the Social Contract .  You're
>> basically trading the interest of 30 million people against that of
>> 1 billion.
>
> I do not really see where is the interest of 1 billion people when we
> maintain strict compliance to a standard that we know has no single
> justification.

Had you made your own list of locations from scratch there would be no
complaint by me.  However, if you use the iso name for every location
except that of Taiwan, then I do have a problem with that.

If this is your attitude, then I shall resign this project.  I do not
wish to be associated with people who're actively working towards the
independence of Taiwan.