Re: [i10n] Installation Manual Updates (long)

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 07:30:04PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
[...]
> Also it would be great if you could separate restructuring from editing. It
> can be very hard to look for changes in content in text that has been moved
> as well.

Fully agree.

> The main problem is, how much time to leave between the two (I think
> at least enough to give an opportunity to update the local SVN to the
> situation after the restructure and before the edit).

One has to proceed in 2 steps:
  1.  copy text from one file to another, commit both files to SVN
  2.  edit the 2nd file, commit to SVN
There is no need to wait before the two, but please give meaningful log
messages, eg. "Move section xx from file foo.xml to bar.xml, no content
change".

I was able to play with poxml and this manual months ago, so if
translators are interested, I may try to provide explanations on how to
use PO files to handle translations.

Denis