Re: PCMCIA CD-ROM drive missing ide-cs.o on sarge floppies

* Andrew Scott <andrew@aes.id.au> [2004-05-03 10:49]:
> I had to load CD-ROM #1 on another Debian install, find
> kernel-pcmcia-modules-2.4.25-1-386 and "dpkg --unpack" it. Copy this onto
> a disk, then boot off the floppies again.
>
> Dropping into a shell, I copied the file into
> /lib/modules/2.4.25-1-386/kernel/drivers and all was good.
>
> Can this file be included in the default set of boot floppies?

According to the d-i kernel image, this module should exist in a
separate package:

  * Add a pcmcia-storage-modules udeb, currently with only ide-cs in it, for
    pcmcia cd-roms.

Was that package not included in those floppies?
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com