Re: r13842 - in trunk/installer: build/config/i386 debian

Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 12:16:16PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 01:08:34AM -0700, Joshua Kwan wrote:
> > > I discussed this with Joey and he said that the autobuilders tend to run
> > > as real root anyway, so it's all good.
> >
> > That must be old installations, no new buildd builds anything as root.
>
> Depended on the arch. There used to be situations/architectures where
> fakeroot didn't fully work.
>
> That's a thing of the past now, though.

Guess my info is out of date. If the sparc build fails, we will have to
turn off the floppy building by default for sparc. Successful
autobuolding is important.

(Alternatively, someone could manually build the images every time..)

--
see shy jo