Re: Who do you have to sleep with / bribe / shoot to get an answer about RAID support

On Thursday 15 April 2004 00:03, Mark Demma wrote:
> Or doesn't work, as the case may be.  I'm just making a request,
> something that I really think should have been included ages ago if
> Debian wants to be seriously considered beyond hobbyists.  No need
> to get into a snit and make personal attacks for some one making a
> request for a feature.  Debian has many many many fantastic
> virtues... being attacked by people for pointing out glaring
> omissions and saying "hey guys, you really should do this if you
> want to be taken seriously" is NOT one of them.

I don't want to throw oil into the fire, but I think Debian is already
seriously considered beyond hobbyists even without sw raid.
Especially since every "serious" person/company I know, prefers
hardware raid (which of course Debian supports) to software, and the
pros of hw raid are so often told that I'm not going to mention here.
Even cheap IDE hw raid is better/faster/more reliable than sw raid.
Still, it would be nice if it would be included in Debian
*installer*. Debian as a whole of course supports sw raid and has
done so for a very long time.

Just my 2c.

Konstantinos