Re: FWD: Re: does anyone care about sparc CDs for sarge?

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:18:09 -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
>----- Forwarded message from Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> -----
>[...]
>Here's the silo.conf that worked for me. Please place it in your
[...]
>partition=1
>timeout=600
>message=/boot/debian.txt
>default=linux
>append="cdrom devfs=mount rw"
>initrd=/boot/initrd.gz
>root=/dev/rd/0
>[...]
>----- End forwarded message -----

I downloaded the businesscard-iso today, modified the silo.conf
and burned it to a cd. On my sparc classic it boots for install
by just hitting <return>. For rescue mode, I still need to enter
"rescue devfs=mount root=/dev/rd/0 rw". And of course my other
problem (not enough memory) persists, so I can't get my disk
partitioned.

Regards
  Herbert