Re: d-i oldworld mac: floppies fail on 4400/200 and 7200/75

On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 01:10:23AM -0400, Rick_Thomas wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-04-10 at 19:06, Rick_Thomas wrote:
> > Sadly, My PowerMac 6500/225 also shows the same symptoms.  The boot
> > floppy (and the ofonlyboot floppy, as well) are read -- seemingly
> > successfully -- but the Tux/Mac icon never goes away.
> >
> > I apologize to Malte.  You were right.  I was wrong.  The kernel on the
> > floppies seems to be broken.
>
> Ooops...
>
> I neglected to mention that the other system on which this set of
> floppies failed is a beige PowerMac G3 300MHz minitower.
>
> On the G3, the video controller is (according to lspci) "00:12.0 VGA
> compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage I/II 215GT [Mach64
> GT] (rev 9a)"
>
> On the PowerMac 6500, the video controller is (again according to lspci)
> "00:12.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage I/II
> 215GT [Mach64 GT] (rev 41)"
>
> Hope this helps!  Let me know if there is any more information you need.

Ok.

Now wee need to see why this happens. It seems that nobody was able to
make it work with the boot floppies built by me, is that exact ? Only by
those built by Jeremie. We need to find out why. Jeremie, did you modify
the kernel config somehow ? Or maybe something is not ok with our builds
or something.

Friendly,

Sven Luther