Re: corrections

Le Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 01:44:15 +0200, Sven Luther a �it:
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 09:02:23PM +0000, simon@nuit.ca wrote:
> >
> > hi,
> >
> > have mac driver partitions on my drives, i *don't* need them).
> > </rant>
>
> Agreed, still some find this more acceptable to doing a small exception
> for bootloaders though.
>
> > 4) um, since when is quik bootable from cd? AFAIK, this isn't doable. if
> > you have info on how to do this, sven, please tell us.
>
> Benh mentioned it to me, since he is the miboot upstream author, and the
> main powermac linux kernel maintainer, i have tendency to approve him.

i guess you mean you take him as a reliable source or something like
that ;). ah ok. must be one of the changes he made to quik (that, and
supporting kernels large than 4 MB).

> > 5) yaboot2 is coming along, but too slowly to make it into sarge/stable.
>
> Huh, i heard about yaboot2 since over 6 month now, it was not usable
> back then, and i didn't really see lots of contributors on the yaboot
> mailing lists since then.

well, one person who hangs out on #debianppc (arcady) has been making
some progress on the fs code; he's been in school, so busy, but he's
almost done that for the summer, so he'll be getting onto that - that
was the main hold up really, the fs code stuff. there's prom-libc, but
that's been coming along too. dunno where it's at exactly right now,
you'll have to ask ethan benson.

> > AFAIK this would put oldworld (at least some less borked OF/hardware
> > combos, like the later pmacs (7300-9600) on more or less the same
> > footing as newworld. but that's dreaming (dreaming on getting it to
> > released sarge, not into the non-vapourware status).
>
> Yeah.

which would this a moot point, but alas..

--
| ,''`.   http://www.debian.org/  | http://www.nuit.ca/             |