Re: kernel 2.2 packages cleanup

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 06:38:58PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> Below is a list of kernel 2.2 packages (by source package) and packages
> (build-)depending on them.

Leave all of these.

> m68k:
> - kernel-image-2.2.25-amiga
> - kernel-image-2.2.25-atari
> - kernel-image-2.2.25-bvme6000
> - kernel-image-2.2.25-mac

> - kernel-image-2.2.25-mvme147
> - kernel-image-2.2.25-mvme16x

> - kernel-patch-2.2.25-m68k

> - kernel-source-2.2.25

> - kernel-headers-2.2.25-m68k

Amiga is the only m68k subarch that I know is capable of using 2.4.x
kernels. However, not all amigas run stably with 2.4.x kernels. The
mac port seems to have recently been energized to support 2.6.x, but
that's still a work-in-progress. Very few if any macs run 2.4,
although there's also some porting work going on there.

My plan is to release d-i with 2.2 kernels for all m68k subarchs,
excepting amiga.

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>