Re: Sarge/beta-3 on a RS6000/7025-F50 (PPC 604e, CHRP)

Sven Luther wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 03:09:12PM +0100, Martin Küchler wrote:
>> Leigh Brown wrote:
>> > Yaboot requires OpenFirmware, which is not present on most PReP
>> > machines. My 140, which is PReP but has OF, still wouldn't work as the
>> > critical OF methods to read from disk didn't work, despite me trying
>> > very hard to get them working....
>>
>> just for the records: My Powerstack Utah has OF, too.
>>
>> > So, I think we can safely say yaboot is CHRP only (Mac and RS/6000).
>>
>> OK.
>
> It does still advertize as PReP in /proc/cpuinfo, right ?

motorola:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu             : 604e
clock           : ???
revision        : 2.3 (pvr 0009 0203)
bogomips        : 398.95
machine         : PReP Utah (Powerstack II Pro4000)
l2 cache        : 512KiB, parity disabled SRAM:synchronous, pipelined, no
parity

> Also, if not, is there a way for testing for the missing OF functions,
> or something such once the machine is running ?

I have no idea.