Re: suggestion: something to add!

> However, it may be likely that the DHCP/non-DHCP thing comes again
> into discussion.
>
> I may even predict some reviews with comments like "Debian mimics
> Microsoft Windows and decides that DHCP is the standard"...:-)
>
> Hence, I suggest we consider adding a special boot parameter for
> this : "static" would feed netcfg/get_method with "Static addressing
> (manual)".

Personally I don't think another boot parameter is a good idea. Specially
if it is meant for the non-expert users...
I'd prefer making the DHCP/static question high priority in this case. And
if there are complaints about Joe User not knowing what this question is
about, I'd suggest extending the explanation in that dialog.

Regards,
Stefan