Re: suggestion: something to add!

Quoting Rick Thomas (rbthomas55@pobox.com):
> Here's a larger question:
>
> Why do I have to subject myself to the full-monty expert mode when
> I just want one tiny feature that isn't completely covered by
> normal mode?  Shouldn't it be possible to dip down into expert
> territory for just the parts you need fine control over, and return
> to normal mode for the rest?

Currently I do not see any possibility for this without major
architectures changes.

However, it may be likely that the DHCP/non-DHCP thing comes again
into discussion.

I may even predict some reviews with comments like "Debian mimics
Microsoft Windows and decides that DHCP is the standard"...:-)

Hence, I suggest we consider adding a special boot parameter for
this : "static" would feed netcfg/get_method with "Static addressing
(manual)".