Debian Installer and Compaq Smart Array Controller

Hi,

Any one tried d-i on Cpq smart array controller? I tried beta 3
(http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/) and faced some problems.

Installer creates /etc/fstab with default devfs entries
(/dev/ida/disc0/part0 [typing from memory] - etc...) but for compaq it
is /dev/ida/c0d0p1 etc. This creates problem when kernel is installed as
mkinitrd complaints that such device is non existent. So what I did is
to edit the fstab from F2, just before kernel installs.

That takes care of kernel, but gets again stuck at boot loader. Here i
reboot the box with knoppix CD and installs lilo (grub do not seems to
work with cpq smart array ctrlr) from the knoppix.

Over all I like the way d-i is progressing, except for the automatic
dhcp configuration. I have a dhcp server here, and when ever I install
the ip is taken from it, which is not what I want and that ip is wrong
for my servers.

thanks for all the good work people!

regards,

raj