Re: Sarge/beta-3 on a RS6000/7025-F50 (PPC 604e, CHRP)

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 09:55:58PM +0200, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> On 20.III.2004 at 07:22 Sven Luther wrote:
> >
> > Anton, do you think that it is possible to set the partition type
> > with libparted, i have some doubts about it, but could be wrong.
>
> Richard Hirst has done this for the PALO boot partitions on hppa.  It
> works the same way as the lvm flag.  For example
>
> set <partnumber> lvm on
>
> sets the partition type to LVM physical volume.  Richard has added to
> parted palo flag:
>
> set <part_number> palo on
>
> sets the partition type to be PALO boot partition.

Oh, that is what Richard did. Well, we can add a similar prep flag to
libparted, no problem there.

Still i had hopes that altough parted doesn't provide for it, libparted
would export the set_system_type or something such function provided by
the per partition table entries.

Anyway, i will now go ahead and implement such a flag for now.

Friendly,

Sven Luther