Re: Changing the wording of countrychooser main question

Quoting Anton Zinoviev (anton@lml.bas.bg):
> On 20.III.2004 at 17:02 Christian Perrier wrote:
> >
> > Official ISO-3166 name is "MACEDONIA, THE FORMER YUGOSLAV REPUBLIC OF"
>
> This name is humiliating and outraging common sense.

This is the official ISO-3166 names, chosen from United Nations lists.

Bloody hell, I *know* there are political implications behind these
things. I know that both Greece, Greeks, Bulgaria and Bulgarians (and
maybe Greenlanders also ?) have concerns about the
territory/country/area currently naming itself "Macedonia".

This was already explained here by some greek contributors.

Whatever name is chosen, it will make someone unhappy because
of this of because of that, or because one little piece of silly
nationalism is hurted by one bloody word.

The only solution to this is by choosing what the United Nations have
chosen as this is supposed to be the most commonly accepted name (or
compromise).

This will be a compromise and this will make people unhappy. Whatever
we choose. What I propose is not choosing ourselves, Debian people,
but use what others have chosen.