Re: Sarge Beta 3 installer troubles with no floppy drive

Tim Ryder wrote:
> I downloaded the net install img and burned it to cd.  All went well
> until it said skipping  floppy module, because I have no floppy.  The
> system just locks up at that point.  Does anyone know anyway to get
> around this?

This is probably not a floppy problem at all, but one of the modules
loaded just before or just after it skips the floppy module is casing
the hang. I suggest you boot in expert mode by typing "expert" at the
boot prompt. Step through things until the hardware detection phase,
where it will present you a list of modules it plans to load and let you
unselect some. Try de-selecting the ide modules, they are a likely cause
of a hang at this point.

--
see shy jo