Instalation report: comments and suggestions
I tested the 20040225 intaller. I still have the problem with
- The question about retrying the DHCP is not very user friendly if he
don't know what DHCP (that is a very technical thing) is.
- After that it does not ask if you want to setup the network manually,
it directly ask for an IP. I wonder: what happend if the user is not
connected to a network?
I forgot to connect the network cable. The message I got after setting
up my network parameters was wrong (as wrong as the usual not
informative win msgs ;-) ):
1) It says "the specified Debian archive mirror..." I haven't
specified anything yet.
2) It was not the Debian archive failing. It was my fault of not
connecting the cable! Would it be possible to check if the network is
- Show the speed and percentage of actual files while donwloading (my
network was slow and I thought the computer could have hunged)
- At password prompt write the tipical "*" when writing
- Use the user country to help choosing the mirror
(I'll try to investigate this problem if i can get some time)
Thanks very much for your work at Debian.
Antonio Arauzo A.