Re: Installation report

Quoting Nikolai Prokoschenko (nikolai@prokoschenko.de):

> 7. Partman again: it definitely needs more file systems! I had a
>    feeling I am installing Windows'95 as I could choose between two
>    FAT*-systems and one ext-system

As far as I can tell, filesystems support is supposed to be
modular...so we need more modules added (but, please no more identical
templates to translate-->the -basicfilesystems and -ext3 redundancy is
painful enough)

> 8. Partman is ugly! I am sorry, this is my personal opinion after
>    seeing the version on the current sid-daily (rather shortly) - and
>    partman seems to need a new upload too :) My personal problems:
>    - There is no status about which partition is being edited.

I think this is the worst problem. The high number of menus may be
discussed, but some status is definitely needed as you very quickly
end up completely lost.....

>    - No visual overview about which partitions are where, except for
>      the first screen, while it'd be more useful when changing some
>      partition!
>    - I think such small things like setting a bootable flag should not
>      take a whole menu item - it should be more like a checkbox.
>      Status is badly needed!

Please report this as a bug against partman.