Re: Installation report

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 10:02:10PM +0100, Nikolai Prokoschenko wrote:

> over all possible strings to see how the translation worked.  Yet, I
> have some questions - please do not get angry, if it has already

Some additions:

6. Partman redundancy - actions already done in partman (mount
   points, file system) are re-asked in the base system installation.
   I guess this will soon be addressed, as partman is evolving

7. Partman again: it definitely needs more file systems! I had a
   feeling I am installing Windows'95 as I could choose between two
   FAT*-systems and one ext-system

8. Partman is ugly! I am sorry, this is my personal opinion after
   seeing the version on the current sid-daily (rather shortly) - and
   partman seems to need a new upload too :) My personal problems:
   - There is no status about which partition is being edited.
   - No visual overview about which partitions are where, except for
     the first screen, while it'd be more useful when changing some
     partition!
   - I think such small things like setting a bootable flag should not
     take a whole menu item - it should be more like a checkbox.
     Status is badly needed!

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai@prokoschenko.de / Jabber: pronik@jabber.org