Re: Install report

severity 226742 grave
thanks

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 08:31:53PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 Christian Perrier wrote:

> > This is a known console-data bug...not BTS available to me currently
> > but it is easy to find.
> Yes, I found it immediately after my posting to this list: #226742.

> The problem is that I think it should be of RC priority if we would
> not like to leave all people with non-EN keyboards alone.  Please
> comment on this whether I'm overreacting and perhaps some
> knowledgeable person could find a fix, because it smells not very
> complicated for a person who is involved.  We just should make sure
> that this will be fixed before release!

RC++.

I also ran into this very disconcerting problem when trying to use my
preferred dvorak keymap through d-i.  The initial keymap setting works
fine, but because dumpkeys can't be run to generate
/etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz, the keymap setting is not persistent
across reboots.

Note that if I force dumpkeys to generate output incrementally, I get a
keymap file that's indistinguishable (to me) from the one that gets
loaded with loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/i386/dvorak/foo.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer