Re: Install report

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Steve Langasek wrote:

> I would prefer to always offer security.d.o (and default to yes)
> regardless of what distro is being installed.  For one thing, users may
> install from the beta while sarge==testing, and want to use security
> updates afterwards once it becomes stable, and having this already in
> sources.list may be an important reminder to some admins.
This makes sens, but only if "sarge" would be offered in the menu.

Moreover I wonder if a "list of distributions" would make sense while
the "stablest" has the highest priority (via a generated preferences file).
This auto generated preferences files has the additional advantage
that beginners learn to know that this feature exists.

Kind regards

         Andreas.