Re: Make the system bootable, was: beta 2 update

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 09:30:30PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> - I don't believe that new Linux users trying to dual-boot Windows and
>   Linux are the primary audience that the installer has to cater to.
>   They're important, but I think that Debian in particular has tended
>   to be better at attracting users from other Linux distributions than
>   from the Windows world.

That's true, but one of the main reasons this is so is the fact that
people more comfortable with Windows have found our installer confusing
in the past. It can be questioned whether they still will do so if we
replace the installer...

--
Wouter Verhelst
"Stop breathing down my neck." "My breathing is merely a simulation."