Translating choose-mirror is not trivial

Hi,

I find it common practice by new translators (like me) that country codes in choose-mirror are not translated and just copied. (It's good to use en.po for reference while translating.) But that's not all. I didn't understand "US[ default..]" until Denis Barbier point me that this is the default value for the select. All this deserves a place in doc/translations.txt. Would someone commit some text in doc/translations about these things?

Regards,
ogi