Re: install report (success, i386+xfs) was: XFS support in d-i: netinst CD image available for download

Steve Langasek wrote:
> Ah, I hadn't thought of that.  I'm not sure how this is handled for
> other non-default filesystem types.  I'll take a look at getting
> xfsprogs installed by default in such a case.

The reiserfs thing is really a hack, it's better if the mkfs.* programs
in the udebs be modified to not need any extra switches. We haven't done
that for mkfs.reiserfs yet because (last I checked), it FTBFS.

> It's not like fsck.xfs is really needed, so I was ignoring those errors
> as they scrolled by. ;)

We have the same problem with reiserfs. Would be nice if something
general purpose were there to install the necessary support packages for
used filesystems. One way would be to add some files
/usr/share/filesystem-support/{xfs,reiserfs} that simply list packages
to apt-install.

--
see shy jo