Re: 2003-12-30 failure report

Bastien wrote:
>On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 10:59:57PM -0600, Florin Iucha wrote:
>>       APPEND load initrd=netboot-initrd.sarge.i386.gz devfs=nomount
>>       ramdisk_size=8192 root=/dev/ram0 console=tty0 video=aty128fb
>
>where do you have this line from?
I have this line from
   http://lists.debian.org/debian-testing/2003/debian-testing-200311/msg00098.html

>                                    it have to include devfs=mount

This got me through boot.

My next problem was the resolv.conf was empty. No DNS server although
my DHCP server provides it. I fixed that manually.

Next it was whinning about not being able to find a CD-ROM, and it
would not take "no" for an answer 8^). I got over that too.

Now it is intalling.

Thank you,
florin

--

Don't question authority: they don't know either!