Re: discover and ISA detection

[Martin Michlmayr]
> Is discover supposed to detect ISA devices?  According to the man
> page, it should, but it doesn't find an ISA sound card in this a PC
> and couldn't find an ISA network card in another PC.  I don't really
> care about ISA, but I suppose it would be nice for others if it
> would work, so I'd be willing to test stuff if people tell me what
> to do.

I copy this to the mailing list for the discover developers.

discover do not handle ISA devices at the moment.  The old detect
library did handle ISA devices, but the implementation was disabled in
discover after a while.  I'm not sure, but I believe it was disabled
for lack of maintenance.

I am not aware of any of the discover maintainers opposing ISA
support, but know that several share my view on the subject.  I
believe it is a waste of time trying to get discover to support ISA
devices, but welcome anyone that want to give it a try. :)