Install report

NSTALL REPORT

Debian-installer-version: beta1
Date: 12-11-03
Method: net install from floppies, no proxied.

Base System Installation Checklist:

Initial boot worked:    [O]
Configure network HW:   [E]
Config network:         [O]
Detect CD:              [E]
Load installer modules: [O]
Detect hard drives:     [O]
Partition hard drives:  [O]
Create file systems:    [E]
Mount partitions:       [E]
Install base system:    [ ]
Install boot loader:    [ ]
Reboot:                 [ ]
[O] = OK, [E] = Error (please elaborate below), [ ] = didn't try it

Comments/Problems:

On boot it asked for my language, i chose English (Australian), it
changed the keymap to something that isnt qwerty, it should be a normal
US keymap.

I had two network cards, one was an ISA card, which prevented dhcp from
working, powered down pulled out the ISA card.

Rebooted, selected English (Australian), dhcp worked configured the
network, downloaded some stuff, detected hardware and dumped me in
cfdisk.

I had not had a chance to change the keymap back to the correct US
keymap, so i pressed random keys till i worked out how to say 'Yes' to
get out of cfdisk.

Got back to menu fixed up keymap, went back and partitioned the disk, i
had to reboot to for partition changes to take effect.

Rebooted, selected English (Australian) (i should have learnt my leason
by now) it took me all the way into configuring and mounting
partitions, i selected cancel or abort (bottom left button) so i could

Loaded some installer modules for something to do, one of them kept
asking me if i wanted to manually perform CD configuration, i dont have
a CD, i kept saying no to try and get back to the menu, it kept ignoring
me, i eventually said yes which took me to the next screen and then i
had a chance to get back to the menu.

When i was ready to configure and mount my partitions it wouldnt let me
back in, i tried changing debconf levels, i couldnt continue the install
any further as the next steps required a configured partition.

I surrendered at this point.

Glenn