Re: [ppc] netinstall image from gluck report

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:38:59 -0500
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:

> Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> > Then,   impossible  to   mount  a   partition.   I  did   not  try   the
> > auto-partitionner (I  read the list! ;)).  So I did execute  a shell and
> > mount /, /home and 'swapon', then exit.
>
> manty reported a similar problem on irc with a brand-new i386 build:
>
> <manty> it goes into mount partitions
> <joeyh> is that image in the usual place now?
> <manty> and tells me to select a partition
> <manty> well, the thing is that it only shows the hd as a hole, not any
> partitions
> * manty wonders if it would suffice for me to mount them
>
> Does this sound like the same problem you had?

Maybe my english is not correct but I saw every partitions of my harddisk.

> > Then  I did  install  the base  system  but it  fails to  'download'(?!)
> > exim4. I did verify and exim4 _is_ on the cdrom!
>
> This is apparently a bug in debootstrap .13, fixed in .14and manty is in
> the process of fixing the cd's.

Thanks. But the images are stil  from october28. :( So, I'll try as soon
as the date changes ;)

> I tried to find the confusing "download" string in the installer source
> tree, to change it to "retrieve", but I cannot find it.

you mean about exim4?

--
  .''`.       ** Debian GNU/Linux **
 : :' :          Arnaud   Vandyck