Re: debian-installer/libdebian-installer/debian changelog,1.58,1.59 rules,1.15,1.16

Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 06:50:52AM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 11:26:15PM +0100, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> > > It's not. debian/rules is a makefile, and makefile variables
> > > aren't handed down to the environment of a subshell.
> >
> > it is, if not either your shell or your make is horrible broken.

Actually, my test of the shell/make behaviour was broken. I'll revert
the other instances of this change. Thanks for the heads-up.

> There is no harm in having
>
>     env CFLAGS=${CFLAGS} ./configure
>

> it does not break any ( if it does, please elaborate )

It doesn't break anything, but it's actually not needed.

> If the porter has a horrible broken shell or make,
> he still wants to port the debian-installer.
> Please make that possible.

Thanks for your support. :-)

Thiemo