Re: d-i calender

Hi

Am Mit, den 10.12.2003 schrieb Sven Luther um 11:18:
> On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 06:36:53PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> > 12/08 cvs reopens
> > 12/14 string freeze begins
> > 12/21 string freeze ends
> > 12/28 beta 2 release
> >
> > At least that's my current thinking.
>
> Err, i just hope that somewhen along those lines, the new powerpc
> packages get frozen out of the NEW queue.
[Sven talks of the new powerpc kernel packages here]

> I understand that there is little chance of this happening now, since
> the ftp-master are busy with the intrusion or whatever, but it has now
> been over a month that i have not have any feedback on this from the
> ftp-masters, apart from the indirect feedback i got from you.

As the dust around the intrusion has settled a bit, I ask all of you to
clear this issue. What I observe from the outside is Sven periodically
ranting about his packages not being accepted by the ftpmasters and not
being given any feedback and that the packages are not in the archive by
now. I don't know what's the real reason for this.

The non-acceptance of these packages holds up the d-i development for
several powerpc subarches (namely oldworld macintosh and pegasos). Also
the integration of the powerpc kernels into the linux-kernel-di
framework is stalled.
I'm using svens new kernels on my machine for several weeks now without
any bigger problems. I know they are not perfect, but now package is
perfect on the first upload after a major change.

I ask you to provid some feedback on this issue or to accept these new
kernel packages into the archive as soon as is reasonably possible.

Thanks

Gaudenz