Re: plans for d-i string freeze

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 11:24:56AM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Critical work to do: discover (221302, FTBFS found while trying to NMU, I'm
> > unable to correct this alone and I can't upload anymore due to GPG key
> > compromission)
>
> There is a patch in the bts from Thomas Poindessous for that build
> failure. If you can send me your patch, I can see about doing an upload.
> Also, David Nusinow expressed interest in maintaining it.

Hi Joey and everyone, thanks for the cc. I'm willing to maintain
discover in maintainance mode, but if Progeny plans to focus on
discover2, I don't really see the point in keeping discover1 alive
beyond the sarge release. The fix from Thomas Poindessous isn't really
a fix at all, if you look at it. It seems the real bug is in
linux-kernel-headers, from what I can tell, so once that's fixed an
upload can be made. If anyone at all is interested in maintaining
discover1, I won't stand in their way.

 - David Nusinow

p.s. Please cc me, as I'm still off-list