Re: d-i and alternative filesystems

Hi Sam,

* Sam Johnston <samj@aos.net.au> [2003-12-04 06:10]:
[...]
| What is the status of xfs, jfs and/or reiserfs support? I like the look
| of xfs and jfs in particular (especially jfs which should work with 2.4
| and 2.6 kernels alike, without patches).

Well, xfs isn't part of the official 2.4.x kernel, so we can't included
it.
For jfs support I have filled same bugreports, so we're waiting for the
maintainers to upload udebs or extend kernels for jfs support

Reiserfs should be in, isn't it? Whats about the bug with the
interactive mkreiserfs binary?

If you would like to help, please have a look at jfsutils and xfsutils
and generate new udebs from it, and send the patches via BTS to the
maintainer. As soon as those tools are uploaded, we can include more
filesystems into the kernel (or generate an alternative patched kernel).

Bye
Thorsten