Re: use of release names in d-i

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 01:08:24AM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> It seems to me that since debootstrap already knows how to download
> dists/$SUITE/Release, and in fact does so, it would be best to make it
> download them and use them to map to release code names.

debootstrap only knows to download the Release file once it knows what
suite to use. (Not all suites have had release files, eg)

Better to download the Release file from d-i, work out from that whatever
you want to work out, then pass it to debootstrap. (Which also lets you
let the user do some verification of the Release file before installing)

Cheers,
aj

               Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we can.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004