Re: install report

Am Mon, den 01.12.2003 schrieb Joey Hess um 03:01:
> Network config found my card, but did not get a dhcp lease from vmware.
> Probably a problem with my vmware, but this let me experience the
> oh-so-pleasant path of dhcp failing after a long timeout, and main-menu
> running it again and again when I piced unrelated items like cdrom-detect
> (or perhaps rather, increasing debconf priority and re-selecting the
> failing netcfg-dhcp, after cdrom-detect succeeds). Manual network config
> succeeded, modulo dvorak keyboard which I had to go back and switch to
> qwerty first.

I put the source tarball of the current status of my netcfg
modifications to
http://www.soziologie.ch/~steinlin/d-i/netcfg_0.33.tar.gz

This version implements the dhcp background idea and combines dhcp and
static configuration in one new udeb (netcfg). The old netcfg-static and
netcfg-dhcp udebs still exist for custom installers or architectures
without dhcp support.

The tarball contains some cruft I will remove as soon as I have time for
it (editor backups, templates for local testing, test scripts, ...) and
lacks all the po files because I accidentally deleted them just before
cvs went down :-( I also messed a little bit with the indentation (wich
was already messy :-( ) I will have to fix that too.

There is still one little bug remaining: If you get a dhcp lease while
you are asked if you want to retry, then things go bad..., will fix that
soon.

btw, what are the authoritative d-i coding standards? there is
doc/codingstyle.txt which recommends indentation with spaces, but I know
joeyh does not like that. Is there an emacs setting to automate joeyh's
style (indentation with tabs, formatting with spaces?)

gaudenz