Re: setting /etc/modules in d-i / base-config?

Alastair McKinstry wrote:
> #219290 points out that USB keyboards don't work after reboot,
> as the necessary modules aren't loaded properly.
>
> Do we (expect to) prime the /etc/modules on /target in d-i,
> in general, eg. for network interfaces, or should kbd-chooser
> add the USB modules if it spots a USB keyboard?
>
> This could be a generic issue: eg if a PC has multiple network
> cards, and the modules are loaded at boot-time in a different
> order to that in d-i, the eth0 / eth1 aliases will be different.

I think we have a general problem, because there is also the issue of
ide modules not being loaded for an ide cdrom on a scsi system for
instance. Seems that we need a modules_install command that queues up
modules to be added to /target/etc/modules.

--
see shy jo