Re: netinst image not detecting sym53c8xx

Baltasar Cevc wrote:
> Two days ago, I downloaded Debian Netinst (large version) and
> tried to install the system using it.
> Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm using a Smy53c8xx SCSI
> controller which usually works well with linux and also
> with Debian kernels.
> However, using the Netinst CD-ROM it was not detected and
> I didn't find a module for it.

You were not trying to install using a *scsi* cdrom were you? Those are
not supported without an extra drivers floppy; you have to boot the
cdrom and then load the scsi_drivers disk.

If it's a normal IDE cdrom, you should have gotten all the scsi modules,
including sym53c8xx, after d-i loaded the rest of itself from cdrom.

--
see shy jo