installation report

Arch: i386
Image: netinst (11/04/2003)

1. kbd-chooser segfaults (see bug I just submitted)

2. After loading udebs from the cdrom netcfg-dhcp is executed. It does not
   get an ip adress but still suceeds and tries to load modules from the net.
   This also sets up dhcp for ip configuration on the installed system, which
   also fails. Probably netcfg-dhcp should fail if it does not aquire a lease.

3. With lsmod in a shell I noticed that almost every ide driver module is
loaded.
   It seems that we (=hw-detect?) try to just load every module and see if one
   works. This seems wrong to me, because I don't know if this will work in
   every case or if there could be bad interactions between these modules.

Beside these problems (and some other minor know bugs) the installation went
fine.

gaudenz