Re: [ppc] install without using any physical media

Arnaud Vandyck schrieb:

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 08:46:27 +0100
stappers@stappers.nl (Geert Stappers) wrote:

What about spending time to find out how to netboot?
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook/

The word netboot is not on this page! ;) Also, I do not want to
re-format my linux partition each time... well, maybe I should use
another free partition :p
You don't need to actually boot over the net to use the netboot image. Netboot in this context simply means that the image is intended to fetch additional installer componentes (aka udebs) and the base system over the network. Thus it does not contain the "cdrom-retriever" but the "net-retriever" instead. So you won't be able to access the components on the cdrom before fetching "cdrom-retriever" from the net.

If you are really interested in netbooting, have a look at
http://www.soziologie.ch/~steinlin/d-i/

gaudenz