Almost successful installation report

Hi folks,

I have tried the 3-11-2003 daily sarge-i386-netinst iso from http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/netinst/i386/daily/ on my laptop and I got good result.

I've got only one big problem: the module (b44) for my network card (Broadcom 4400) is not in any modules udeb. So I had to skip everything network related.

Despite of this, I was able to get a working base system and to complete the installation (by manually configuring my network card, after rebooting with the full kernel installed).

I've got one minor glitch: In the LILO step, the install tried to detect my network card and I got the no card found error message and I was returned to the main-menu. I've got no feedback if the installation of LILO went ok or not. (After rebooting, I've seen that correctly installed.)

Keep up the good work!

Yannick :-)