unsuccessful installation report

Installation report

ISO: Sarge 31 #1 compiled with jigdo.

Hardware: Intel Pentium I 133 MHz, 32 MB RAM, CD-ROM, though the same
things happened on a Compaq Presario 2100 (laptop anno 2003).

1. When trying to select a keyboard definition I got this message:

"[!] Error running kdb-chooser
An error or warning was logged when running kdb-chooser
Segmentation fault kdb-chooser's postinst exited with status 35584"

2. I was able to detect and mount the cdrom

3. When loading and installing modules, the usb-discover module failed with this error message:

"[!] Debian Installer Main Menu
Failed to install module
Installing the module usb-discover failed for unknown reasons.
Aborting."

I choose "continue" but get the following:

"[!] Error running Anna
(udpkg:) error while loading shared libraries:
libdebian-installer.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory Anna's postinst exited with status: 2048"

After that, whatever alternative I choose, I get the same error message again.

Please respect my mail-followup-to headers, I am not subscribed to the list.

Kind regards,
--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>