Re: successful installation report (vmware)

Il mar, 2003-11-04 alle 00:23, Joey Hess ha scritto:
> Debian-installer-version: sarge-i386-netinst.iso from 2 Nov
> Method: cdrom install on vmware

Similar report, test performed with vmware and sarge-i386-netinst.iso
from 3 Nov. (also for me this is the first successful install of d-i).

Comments/Problems:
I tested the installer this afternoon and the installation process was
ok.
Just a couple of things: when the d-i is downloading/extracting
packages, the dialog box moves up and down if the .deb path is too long.
Can the full path be omitted? The filename is not enough?

Another problem, perhaps vmware-related: trying to switch back to the
main menu from a console with ALT+F1 I still see the console output.
Moving up and down with directional arrows redraws the screen.
A screenshot is available here:
http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/debian01/installer.png

I tried to re-install sarge over the fresh installed system.
I left the partition table untouched and in the "Configure and Mount
Partitions" step I chose the "Leave the file system intact" option.
After the packages extraction the installation hanged on "Install the
base system".
This was the debootstrap.log content:
ln: /target/usr/bin/awk: File exists
Re-creating the file system I was able to install sarge through the d-i
for the second time. :)

ciao,
	ema
--