Re: [WOODY] Need sugestion for Floppy-Install

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 05:04:35PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:

> I am working on a very difficult Job in near east ans need the
> Floppy-Installation.

Customer lives in a little cave without internet, cd-roms, usb, firewire,
free ide/scsi connectors or ethernet?

> The Version of SLINK was supporting the X-Medium Flag and if I have
> registerd all Floppys apt-get was asking about the numbered Floppy.

Probably installing packages from floppies is deprecated since a little
while.

> OK, I can register all Floppys, but when I install somthing, it tell
> me to put the Floppy in... I habe 140 Floppys - Where ist the *.deb ?

140? and they are all working???

If it's absolutly the only way to install with floppies, then i would
make the install on a computer that can access some real medium and then
tar.bz2 everything to a stack of floppies.

btw. ZIP drives are really cool, they are 100 MB in size and do about
100 kb/s when connected to parallel port... ok, this was nice in 1995

Christian Leber

--
  "Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
   nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est."       (Aurelius Augustinus)