Re: build-from-scratch Makefile

stappers@stappers.nl (Geert Stappers) writes:

> On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 01:21:17AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I made myself a Makefile in the debian-installer topdir to rebuild all
> > debs and udebs. [big snip]
>
> What does it add?

A way to seed my local mirror with up to date cvs udebs instead of the
outdated and version scewed sid udebs.

> Why a new makefile?

Because there was none.

> Why locally rebuild debs and udebs that belong in a archive?
> A new Gentoo?

They do belong in the archive but that will allways be the last
released version and not the cvs versiones. Giving major changes like
the libd-i4 upgrade a complete rebuild is easier than to wait for each
package to be released.

MfG
        Goswin