Re: russian keyboard in d-i

On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 09:08, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Nikita V. Youshchenko]
> > But it I set LANG=C, I get something similar to what was in d-i: no
> > characters are displayed while typing. To be more special: it I
> > start typing in latin more, characxters are displayed. But if I
> > switch keyboard to russian, no more characters are displayed,
> > evenafter keyboard is switched back. However, as whiptail stdout
> > shows, in fact chars ARE being input...
>
> d-i is using locale C.UTF-8, and it might be a problem with this
> locale.  This locale is part of the rootskel package.
>
> I'm not sure if the problem should be fixed in the locale, newt,
> slang, or somewhere else.

There is a long-standing bug in slang making it impossible to enter
latin-2 chars on the keyboard. I suspect this is related; its next on my
todo list. I've assigned the bug to slang.

Regards,
Alastair

--
Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@computer.org>
GPG Key fingerprint = 9E64 E714 8E08 81F9 F3DC  1020 FA8E 3790 9051 38F4

He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that
will reach to himself.

- --Thomas Paine