Re: E: Unimplemented function

Hello all,

* Sebastian Ley <sebastian.ley@mmweg.rwth-aachen.de> [2003-10-02 09:31]:
| This is a known (though not reported) bug. The main-menu module on the
| image depends on a newer version of cdebconf than is installed on the
| image. The newer version of cdebconf is already available, so I expect
| the next daily build to work.

I have talked with Petter about this on IRC. Please give me your
comments about the following proposel:

I think it would be a good idea, if we create a new file under doc/
(maybe errors.txt or such), which documents some very known and critical
errors, like the "E: not implemented" bug. I know, we have the BTS for
such bug tracking, but it's very hard to browse all packages which are
related to d-i to find a udeb which may produce this error. d-i stops
working in a so early stage, that it's very difficult to find out the
package which produce this error.

For the people which are very involved in the
main-menu/rootskel/cdebconf development process this would maybe easy
but for other users this is very hard.

If we have such a simple file, which contains the following lines, ports
and testers can easy work around those errors to continue porting or
testing d-i.

I guess the file should contain the following lines for each problem:

Package:	  cdebconf,main-menu
BTS-Bug:      #00000
Solution (if known): (don't know)

Mostly it's only a "just build package xxx from cvs" to fix the problem.

What do you think about this?

Bye
Thorsten

--