Re: updated powerpc debian-installer builds

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 02:48:25PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> I tried mounting my partition at /cdrom, but the kernel doesn't
> have hfs compiled in. I think we need to correct this, powerpc
> users will always want to be able to access hfs partitions on
> their drive.
>
> I'm assuming we'll be able to install from a hard drive mirror
> just as we could with boot-floppies, right?

I'd prefer an hfs-modules udeb instead.

> When I switched to console 2, there was a repeating message:
>
> modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module net-pf-1

This is syslog whining because it can't find the unix socket
module.  We should add the socket-modules udeb to the cdrom
package list.  I've heard such support will soon be compiled into
the kernel, at which point we can remove it.

> That might explain why there weren't any Configure Network items
> in the menu.

That's not it.  The CDROM image does not include the network
configuration udebs in the initrd, so you have to run "Load
installer modules" before they'll appear.

--
Matt