[install-doc] DocBook SGML/XML?

Hi,

the previous installation manual has been partly converted to DocBook XML.
But it did make intensive use of marked sections, which are not valid
in XML.  So in fact I guess that SGML processors will be used to convert
it to the desired output formats.  In this case, shouldn't it be in the
DocBook SGML format instead?
OTOH I would really love to see this manual converted to XML in order
to be able to use poxml for translations.  The marked sections could
be replaced by specific attributes (like arch), but it requires some
extra work.  If there are volunteers to do this job, will this solution
be considered, or are there good reasons to keep marked sections?

Denis