Re: i18n of tasksel (and cdebconf)

Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com):
> [Christian Perrier]
> > As I wrote (but stupidly only to debian-i18n you obviously dont
> > read) :
>
> Correct, I only read debian-boot in the list of addresses in this
> email. :)
>
> > I'd like to check your affirmation above for french, but which
> > package do these templates belong to ?
>
> The language question text is in the languagechooser udeb,
> debian-installer/tools/languagechooser/ in the debian-boot CVS
> repository.
>
> Please check both the text, the locale and the fallback languages.

OK.....Got my hands at least on the released version of the
languagechooser package. Not the CVS version, but this explains me why
I didn't find anything..

In the past, a few months ago, I made a translation for
languagechooser 0.11 debconf templates.

It was integrated and then I forgot it....just surveying the stuff
with the l10n status pages like
http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po-debconf/fr

Now, languagechooser does not appear anymore on this page because of
its change in handling templates.

As far as I've seen, there's a template-in file which is more or less
used as a basis for built templates.

The only string which remains here is the one which is presented
*before* the language choice...translating this, of course, is
absolutely useless.

OK. I check languagelist.l10n for french. No problem (however, I
prefer "Choisissez" instead of "Sélectionnez".....I'll ask to
debian-l10n-french for advices).

Languages which obviously mention hitting ENTER and thus need update :

Catalan
Both Chinese (no I DON'T read chinese but this is obvious)
Croatian
Czech
Esperanto (not sure)
Galician
Hebrew.....speaks english ?
Hungarian
Irish
Italian
Polish
Portuguese (both)
Russian
Spanish
Turkish

I have contacts with several usual translators for these languages so
if this may help, feel free to ask. Asking to debian-i18n is also a
possibility of course...

About locales, they seem OK....

About fallback languages, it just seems to me that several languages
lack the last fallback to english....dunno whether this is a motivated
choice, or a lack of update, however.

But, anyway, frnech is OK.... :-)