Cannot boot sarge distribution

I just downloaded the latest sarge snapshot cd from http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/netinst/i386/ and tried installing, but had two separate (I think) problem.  I used the vanilla linux kernel provided, presumably knowing the right paramters to use can alleviate the problems, but I don't know what they might be...

1.  I have a MS Natural Pro keyboard, which has a combination usb/ps2 connector, both of which I have connected to my machine.  When selecting a keyboard (step 2 in the install process, I think) I get this error:

    "segment fault kbd-chooser's postinst existed with status 35584"

2.  I have a PDC20276 (Promise) sata raid controller, and the next step of the install (locating cd-rom drives, I think) hangs my machine with this message on the screen:

    "Detected module 'ide-prod-mo' for 'Linux IDE probe Driver'"

Can anyone suggest some next steps for me to try?  TIA,

Paul