Re: Status for reiser support in d-i

[Yury Umanets]
> I guess debian folks probably do not want to use libparted (and
> reiserfs with it) because it is needed to rewrite some parts of
> installer. Or reiserfs is not good enough for debian installer.

I can't vouch for all the debian folks, but this debian person uses
libparted in autopartkit, and would love to have a library capable of
doing all the thinks I need, and not only part of it.

The parts I am missing at the moment are documented in bug #177347
"libparted1.6-0: Should support creating ext3 filesystems" and bug
#177348 "libparted1.6-0: Should support creating LVM partitions and
volumes".

If someone would fix these things, I could get rid of several cludges
and hacks in autopartkit.